How to Get Smokey Eyes
Smokey eyes have never been out of style. Models around the world have been using it on the ramp. Make-up artists have been utilizing and discovered new techniques out from it for a long time. Many models and celebrities hire make-up artist for a smokey eye. But if wish to apply it on your own and achieve that perfect smokey eye effect. Here are very simple step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the perfect smokey eye.
Always remember that smokey eyes is a eye make-up idea that involves blending of a lighter eyeshadow with the dark one on the eyelid.
These are some sample shades that is perfect for a smokey eyes effect:
Though you can make use of whatever color you prefer for the technique, black smokey eye is the hit for young women and make-up enthusiasts.
a. Blending Brush
c. Eye Pencil
e. Eyelash Curler
f. Lighter eyeshadow
g. Dark eyeshadow
Here’s how to do it:
1. Prepare the eyelid. Apply an eyeshadow base or a primer on your eyelid. This will make your eyelid oil-free for a long time and lets you to avoid your eyeshadow from melting to your crease.
2. Next to use is the eye pencil. Always choose an eye pencil that matches your preferred color or a color that is close to it for your smokey effect. If you want a purple smokey eyes, use a purple eye pencil.
3. Run the eyeliner from the inner to the outer corner of the eyelid. Make sure to broad the line in the corner. Line also the upper and lower lash line and then smudge.
4. Now you will use the lighter eyeshadow. Apply the eyeshadow over the eyelids. Start from the inner to the outer corner and apply it in a sweeping stroke up to the brow bone.
5. Now you will apply the dark eyeshadow. Limit the dark shade only up to the crease. Start applying in the lash line and using a blending brush, blend it upwards until the crease. Make sure to blend it well to make the eyeliner disappears.
6. To complete the smokey effect, curl your lashes with your eyelash curler and or apply mascara.
The key to a perfect smokey eyes effect is to blend, blend and blend. Always remember that this technique is already very dramatic on the eyes, it is best if it is paired with minimal application of the rest of the face make-up.